January 10, 2015

Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge 2015

During 2015, I, Lauriana, will sew up at least five of my vintage sewing patterns.

Oh yes, the Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge is back and promises to be even bigger and better than last year!
I really enjoyed it last year so of course, I'm joining again. And with this Pledge, you can set your own challenge so you can tailor it to your own sewing needs and style. Marie has really thought this through and made some excellent suggestions about it. If you feel like playing along, THIS is the link to her blog post announcing the new Pledge, in which you can sign up.

Like last year, I was to use the pledge to explore decades of fashion which are new to me and I want to use different sources for vintage patterns. 
Since I made things from 1920's Gracieuse, 1960's Frohne and 1950's Libelle and Marion last year, that puts 1930's 40's and 70's on the list. And the sources I really want to use now are: the Lutterloh pattern system, for which I have patterns from the late 1940's and 1950's (I was already considering those at the end of last year but put it off till spring), an unprinted pattern (the 1930's ones are all mystery sized, so I'm not so sure about those but I also have a few from the late 40's/early 50's and two from the early 60's) and, last but certainly not least, the spoils from last years pledge: Vintage reproduction patterns from EvaDress!


I've picked out these beauties, from the 1930's and 40's, so perfectly in line with my goal for this year. These are exciting in a whole different way: This will be the first time I get to sew with vintage patterns which come with instructions (not counting V2787 by which I was rather underwhelmed) and the first time to work with a pattern which other people can also go out and buy. The first time since I started this blog that it's likely I can 'compare notes' about something I'm making (Ok, I think there have been some modern Burda makes along the line, but still...). I'm looking forward to these so I hope they'll ship quickly.

Oh, and I also really want to make one or two 1920's things. That 1929 dress was so lovely and I'd like something in that style that isn't so clearly a party dress.

If I manage to do all of this, I will use way more than five patterns but I know myself: I usually don't join SewAlongs because the moment I officially commit to making something, the fun somehow goes out of it. So it's better not to pile on the pressure. I would love to make all the things I've listed but there are so many more things on my mental 'to sew' list that I really can't make any promises. None other than sewing up at least five vintage patterns this year, that is ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those patterns are gorgeous! I can't wait to see your finished dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really interesting designs! I can't wait to see the finished products. I'm joining the pledge this year as well. Looking forward to seeing what everyone makes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me with all your lovely creations last year! I'm joining in this time as well :)

    ReplyDelete