March 8, 2010

Purple skirt from leftovers



Well, here it is, my purple skirt (worn with the boots I painted). I used up all the fabric I had left from making the purple dress. It couldn't be any longer. It couldn't be any wider. It needed to have a (straight) center back seam just to allow me to get all the pieces out of the fabric.

Because I have often made pencil skirts from small bits of fabric and I now this stuff drapes nicely, I decided it had to be a flared skirt. It is made from ten pieces, which are all the same. It's a very easy pattern to make to your own size. I'll make sure there's a tutorial up by Wednesday.

This skirt is great for twirling!

14 comments:

  1. That is such a fantastic skirt. I can't wait for the tutorial!

    (Also: those boots are awesome.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice skirt, and nice legs! You should wear above knee skirts more often.
    Btw, how did you paint the boots? And, are they leather boots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Those boots rock. Like AnaJan, how did you paint them? What paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I like it very much. It's great to see that there are more dutch bloggists, writing about sewing and fashion. Although they're extremely hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha, that's what it looks like, nice! I love the way it twirls... and the purple colour combined with blue boots, smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely skirt! The purple color is great and I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh! Pretty! Can't wait for the tute. And you MUST share how you painted the boots. They're superhero-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every girl needs a twirly skirt! What fun! Love those boots you painted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable skirt on you! I think the length is great and show off those nice legs girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmanohmanohman a tute for that awesome skirt?
    SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great skirt. I'm excited for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your skirt is gorgeous, and shows off your legs very well! Looks fantastic with the boots, too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this skirt on you !! It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect! Exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete